Old headlines from the front page, kept here for posterity.
- 5th May 2007 CUB again produce the goods to win both senior and novice catagories at the
home league leg, wrapping up in style. Ric Whalley again takes senior gents gold, Helen
Markland takes senior ladies gold. Novice bronze to Maciek Hermanowicz. Novice longbow was won
by David Bebb with a new BUTTS record and Ewan Shawcroft took barebow gold.
- 29th Apr 2007 CUB wrap up both the senior and novice BUTTS league titles with the home leg
yet to come in a dominant display at Oxford. Senior gold went to Ric Whalley, silver to Ian
Caulfield. Ali Richardson took novice ladies gold and Maciek Hermanowicz rounded off the medals
with novice gents bronze.
- 17th Mar 2007 CUB do well again at BUSA indoors. The senior team (Sam Burnand, Robert Dunn,
Ric Whalley, Ian Caulfield) come home with bronze just 15 points off the leaders, while the
novice team (Ivan Hoo, David Bebb, Maciek Hermanowicz) take silver missing gold by just 5
points. Notable performances from Ivan Hoo, 525, taking the Novice Bronze medal, Sam Burnand
pulling everything out the bag with a PB of 573 to come 5th in the Gents and Helen Markland
taking 4th place in the Ladies with a score of 555.
- 12th Mar 2007 The CUB archery machine rumbles on, dominating the latest BUTTS leg. Medals
galore with senior gents silver and bronze to Ric Whalley and Robert Fryers respectively,
senior ladies silver to Helen Markland, novice ladies gold to Ali Richardson and with the
performance of the day Ivan Hoo took novice gold with 551 usurping a longstanding club novice
record! Impressively the novice team beat both Loughborough and Oxford's senior teams.
- 3rd Mar 2007 CUB perform strongly in the British University Team Championships. Cambridge A
(Rob Bacon, Robert Fryers and Ric Whalley) take silver being narrowly beaten 9-8 in a tense
final against Edinburgh. The squad shows its strength in depth with Cambridge B (Matt Johnson,
Ian Caulfield and Steve Pettitt) coming 5th beating many A teams.
- 11th Feb 2007 Cambridge Uni Bowmen win the County Championships with a team of Rob Bacon,
Rob Fryers and Tom Endlein. Congratulations to Rob Bacon for taking individual silver.
- 11th Feb 2007 Success all round at Birmingham BUTTS with both the senior and novice teams
claiming solid victories. Congratulations to Dan Strange and Ivan Hoo for novice gold and
silver respectively, Loren Lam for novice ladies bronze and Ric Whalley for senior silver.
- 4th Feb 2007 CUB novices once again win convincingly, this time at Warwick Butts.
Congratulations to Loren Lam for coming 1st in the novice ladies and David Bebb for 3rd place
in the novice male category. The senior team came 2nd, trailing Warwick by just 3 points, with
Ric Whalley and Ian Caulfield taking 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- 16th Dec 2006 The Cambridge University Bowmen longbow team make the trip to the lovely
Belmont Park in Kent to take part in the Fraternity of St George roving marks shoot. Both of
them shoot personal bests and win moral victories.
- 28th Nov 2006 The Cambridge novices storm through the first league leg of term with a team
of David Bebb, Ivan Hoo, Dan Strange and Loren Lam emphatically beating all opposition, taking
an unprecedented 4 out of 6 individual medals along the way. Congratulations to David Bebb
(gold - novice male), Ivan Hoo (silver - novice male), Loren Lam (gold - novice female) and Ali
Richardson (silver - novice female). The senior team of Rob Bacon, Ian Caulfield, Ric Whalley
and Matt Johnson also bagged 1st place, thus beginning the defence of the league title. Rob
Bacon took individual mens silver, missing first only on gold count.
- 16th Nov 2006 The indoor season gets off to a good start with a CUB team of Ric Whalley,
Robert Fryers, Rob Bacon and Matt Johnson coming first at Dunstable Bowmen's Combined
- 10th Sep 2006 Seven members of the club travel to Munich to visit the world famous Beiter
Centre and also to take part in a local FITA star. Although prizes were not forthcoming every
competitor was rewarded with a cabbage.
- 30th Jul 2006 Ian Caulfield, Robert Fryers and Diana Wood take CUB to second place behind the
home team at the Jolly Archers' Western. Ian Caulfield is third individual gent and Diana Wood is
first individual lady.
- 23rd Jul 2006 A CUB team consisting of Ric Whalley, Ian Caulfield and Diana Wood come first
at the Bedfordshire Double FITA Star held this weekend.
- 17th Jun 2006 Success all round at BUSA Outdoors! The senior team Ian Caulfield, Ric Whalley,
Helen Markland and Rob Bacon, takes first place over Edinburgh. The novice team Rob Fryers, Tom
Endlein and Tim Craig take Bronze in the shield catergory. Ian Caulfield wins individual gents
- 3rd Jun 2006 Ian Caulfield wins the gents recurve category at the BUTTS Outdoor Tournament
held at Birmingham.
- 14th May 2006 Cambridge win the 57th Varsity Match with Helen Markland, Ric Whalley, Matthew
Johnson and Robert Dunn all receiving half blues. The novices narrowly miss out to this years
strong Oxford team. Photos of the event are available.
- 11th Mar 2006 CUB put in a brilliant performance at BUTC with the A team, Ian Caulfield,
Robert Dunn and Matt Johnson narrowly missing out on first place during a nail biting final
- 8th Mar 2006 CUB put in a solid performance at the national indoors, with several people
shooting personal bests and the team coming second overall.
- 4th Mar 2006 CUB once again defeat all but Edinburgh at the BUSA Indoor Championships,
Team silver medals to Matt Johnson, Ian Caulfield, Rob Dunn and Ric Whalley. Matt Johnson
smashes his personal best to become individual gents silver medallist. Novices put in a solid
performance and narrowly miss out on medals
- 25th Feb 2006 CUB secure first place in the BUTTS senior league with a solid second place
at Loughborough BUTTS. CUB novices win the leg requiring one more win for a double league
- 12th Feb 2006 CUB win both experienced and novice team competitions at Nottingham BUTTS;
Gents Novice gold once more for Thomas Endlein, with a silver and bronze in the Gents
Experienced category for Robert Dunn and Ian Caulfield
- 4th Feb 2006 CUB wins Oxford BUTTS, CUB novices come in second. Gold medals for both
Robert Dunn and Thomas Endlein in the gents and gents novice categories
- 28th Jan 2006 Cambridge defeat Oxford in both senior and novice categories in the annual
Varsity Grudge Match, on a very very cold day in Oxford. New team Frostbite records set, with
Ric Whalley, Rob Dunn, Tom Endlein and David Dennis putting in especially good performances.
James Berry wins compound category.
- 27th Nov 2005 Birmingham BUTTS - Cambridge senior team came first, with Ric Whalley taking
men's gold medal. Bronze for Tom Endlein in the Novice gents category.
- 5th Nov 2005 Warwick BUTTS - Cambridge senior team come second to the home side in a close
first leg of the league. Thomas Endlein wins gold in the Novice gents category in his first